Monday, February 3, 2020

desk view


One particularly busy week back at Rutgers - let's say ten, maybe eleven years ago - I was reduced to taking a picture of my lunch each day, so little time did I have (in that life as Chair) to think about taking a daily picture.  This week - well, I have a strong suspicion that you may see a number of views in my office.  Here's a surprisingly floral selection of cards on my desk, with some Samuel Palmer sheep pushing in on the top left; a Burne-Jones stained glass window from Brampton parish church, in Cumbria, a watercolor of a Ravilious-designed alphabet mug and jug (I was brought up with these designs on mugs and on a plate).  These are, shall we say, uncurated: clearly they're what I think might bring me some grounding if I manage to lift my nose out of my laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment