Thursday, July 15, 2021

morning after a storm


It completely poured around 4 a.m. - a great rush of a heavy rainstorm that woke me up, and made me instantly think that I'd miss-set the A/C and that it had come on loudly - until I realized that I wasn't in LA, so it wasn't that ... The light this morning, and the raindrops outside the kitchen window (you'll see that windowsill horticulture is back) was extraordinary.  The same with a somewhat mis-focused shot of the tamarisk outside the front door - I know that this is a tree that one isn't meant to favor, because it sucks up water, but I always find it so pretty - especially when covered in raindrops and flowers.


And for those of you looking for your Daily Gramsci, I'm pleased to report that he has had three lively play sessions in the living room, under Moth's eagle eye - and our eagle eyes, too - with only the occasional hiss when he got a little too close.  We were very, very proud of her.  Next training goal - to stop him thinking that fingers and toes are tasty prey.


No comments:

Post a Comment