Tuesday, July 6, 2021

unexpected adornment


In the very early days of this blog, I went through periodic phases of imitating Neue Sachlichkeit photography - pots and pans; cutlery; the insides of a loaded dishwasher - that kind of thing.  It's been a long while since kitchen utensils have featured, I think - or, indeed, half-washed-up cups of coffee.  I've never tried pouring cappuccino foam and finishing off with the flourish of a fern, a leaf, a panda's face (google "cappuccino foam art," and a whole lot of tricky-to-achieve examples appear).  I suspect it's quite a skill, and as someone who prefers their morning mug or three black, I probably won't be practicing a lot.  But this was unexpectedly achieved and stumbled upon: a neat, rather Christmassy star appearing in the grubby foam of washing-up liquid.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment