Tuesday, November 23, 2021

November foliage, part 2 - and November light


When England is like this, in early winter, it's perfect - clear blue sky, slightly misty air, leaves being autumnal in all the right ways.  I'm under no illusion that this will last, but perfect (looking ahead, mind you, there seems to be precious little by way of sun in the next few weeks.  It's a good job I have a cherished collection of umbrellas here).

My usual arrival-day ritual, of a walk along the Ridgway, the High Street, and onto the Common.  Here's Rushmere, which I've been walking to all my life ... site of medieval rush gathering to thatch houses.  But I wasn't expecting all the swans!  Where have they come from?  I was kicking myself for having left my real camera back on a table in my room - thinking - it's heavy! ... but if there's another sunset like this, I'll be scampering out with it.


And just one picture of my father's garden, looking suitably seasonal ...



 

No comments:

Post a Comment