Thursday, November 25, 2021

views from a train (and hotel room)


One of my great discoveries of this year is a train that runs twice an hour from Wimbledon to St Alban's - not that I've taken it all the way to St A, but it's very useful both for going to certain places in South London, like the Dulwich Picture Gallery, and - today - into the City: I got off at Farringdon (and it should be useful tomorrow evening, too, when there's a Tube strike).  So here are two random views; 


then one from the stationary train at Blackfriars Station (and why is there an empty cable car on the platform?);


and then one final view from my hotel room.  The Premier Inn in Farringdon may not be a glam destination, but it's warm and quiet and close to tomorrow's meeting spot.  I do feel sad at missing out on Thanksgiving, though - happy day, to all of you!  May your pies be as delicious as the pumpkin pie that Alice baked!  I haven't yet had word that it was delicious, mind you, but in its emailed picture, it looked irresistible.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment