Saturday, November 6, 2021

one good hombre


At least, that's what's I thought this says - seen in Venice, CA, this morning.  And a bit of quick googling ... and I learn 
    1GoodHombre first appeared on the streets of Santa Monica and Venice, California, during the social         upheaval throughout the United States and the city of Los Angeles following the brutal murder of             George Floyd. Other than that, the art speaks for itself, get out there and get it!   Peace, Love and                 Justice!
and indeed, their website gives lots and lots of examples of their art.

This actually works as an excellent example of the advantages, or not, of Googling things.  Yes - now I know - mystery solved.  But on the other hand - the killing of speculation.  I can't any longer see this solo hombre - doubled up; image reversed - as a lone maverick, or simply as a visual enigma.  Maybe I should just have left my curiosity unsated.

No comments:

Post a Comment