Friday, December 16, 2022

making the birds happy


Yesterday, I made a substantial raid on Wild Birds Unlimited, our inspirationally bird-loving store in Santa Fe, and purchased all sorts of goodies that I hung from trees today.  The heated bird bath, I hasten to add, was filled and turned on within a few minutes of arriving in town.  Within - what - five, seven minutes? - the bluebirds had arrived; and an array of finches, and a robin, and a ladder-backed woodpecker, and a flicker ...I'm hoping for more tomorrow. The most popular of all the offerings is the one with nuts and seeds and ... freeze-dried mealywprm grubs.  In the meantime, I'm so glad to be here for so many reasons, but not the least of these is helping the birds through this cold spell (as I type this, 16F outside, which is - 8.88 centigrade.  That's chilly.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment