Tuesday, December 20, 2022

view from St George's


Miraculously, it was sunny when I (eventually) arrived in England, and took a cab to St George's Wandsworth (or is it Tooting?).  Anyway, I was glad that I didn't have to cross a picket line to get into the warren inside.  All I can say about the nurses' strike is that the nurses looking after my father - and I'm quite sure doing their job generally - deserve every single bit of salary raise that they're asking for: the standard of care is really terrific.

A basic bulletin - Ray's very sick; on maximum oxygen and receiving everything else through a drip.  But they can't yet tell whether he'll be able to respond, or not - it's not just covid and pneumonia, but uncertainties about what other underlying conditions may be.  We'll see tomorrow what direction things are going.  

Spending half a day on a covid ward was its own special kind of scary.

Thank you, everyone, for your support - it means such a lot to me to know there's a community out there.  Now it's time for some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment