Wednesday, June 21, 2023

my favorite shopping outing ...





is to Agua Fria nurseries - an observation that I'm sure that I make every year, but it doesn't get any less true.  I'm cautious, this year - it's already mid June, and we'll be leaving in good time for the semester in August, and there's a limit to how much money, energy, and emotional investment I can face putting in for seven weeks.  At the same time ... I love having flowers outside.  The Morning Glories have just started sprouting, so they should supplement today's purchases, and then, for whatever reason, catmint has started growing rampant (I'm hoping for an incursion of bobcats ...).

I would have said that there wasn't a dandelion in sight - although, because it's such a wonderfully proliferating green and floral space, there probably was - but that wouldn't, strictly speaking, be true.  The woman who counted up my plants had a whole flourishing patch of them tattooed on her arm - I admired them enormously, and she said they'd very much been her favorite flower as a child.  That meshed with great serendipity with my dandelion writing this morning.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment