Monday, January 24, 2011

anticipation ...


This is the nearest thing to a cockatoo in the house - on a very strange (but completely quirky and much loved) lamp - just over my right shoulder as I type, and reminding me - as though I needed reminding - that this time next week I'll be in a tropical rainforest with such birds, and parrakeets, and kookaburras, and suchlike flying around (or more likely hiding from the rain under the leafy canopy).   I'm watching the weather forecast for Northern Queensland with increasingly raised eyebrows: if it's startlingly cold here, it's going to be startlingly wet there - my only thought being that if the thunderstorms are as intense as seem to be predicted, perhaps I'll be able to take some new photographs of lightning ...

No comments:

Post a Comment