Tuesday, June 4, 2013

lagoon transportation (a study in contrasts)


First, here's the lagoon once upon a time ... a quiet place ... as depicted in a fresco in my pensione, reflected in mirrors on the stairs.


And now here's the monstrous cruise ship that sailed serenely and heavily past whilst we were having conference lunch - I just wish that I was going still to be in Venice this weekend, and could go on the big demonstration against cruise ships.


Privileged tourism - this was taken on an hour long evening tour of San Marco this evening.

And the picture that I didn't take -  both wishing I had, and very glad I didn't - was of an elderly, drunk man, in broad sunlight, pissing on a completely indifferent pigeon (near the Rialto).

1 comment:

  1. After analyze a couple of of the weblog posts on your world wide web internet site now, and I really like your means of running a blog. I bookmarked it to my bookmark internet site file and will almost certainly be checking once more soon. Please examine out my world wide web site as effectively and enable me know what you feel.
    San Jose employee shuttle
    Fremont school bus

    ReplyDelete