Friday, March 17, 2023

giving back to Battersea


How - just how? - did my parents accumulate so many towels, and blankets, and sheets - and why?  I mean - why did they hold onto them for so long?

I was so pleased today to enlist the help of my cousin Peter and to drive this whole pile to Battersea Dogs and Cats home, to be used for the comfort of shelter animals.  Well - almost the whole pile - at the last moment I rescued that blue/green blanket, which had been mine as a girl, and I couldn't quite relinquish.


Simba, who gave my parents years and years of companionship (and a few bites) came from Battersea, and this (as well as the bequest they'll eventually receive) seemed a very suitable way to honor his memory.


 

2 comments:

  1. Walter GomezMarch 17, 2023

    What a great idea to donate piles of linen and towels to an animal shelter. We should do the same! Simba's eyes...like beautiful gold coins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simba was a wise cat, and the eyes show it. Hr looked after my parents so well - and he lived till he was about twenty - I hope all the cats who get to sleep on these towels are as lucky as he was in their adoptions.

    ReplyDelete