Tuesday, March 14, 2023

things I didn't buy today


... but rather wish I had:

a) sticky buns.  Actually I don't especially like sticky buns, but these looked so delicious I wished that I did.
b) an ammonite - particularly this first, polished ammonite.
c) a fossilized fish

If anyone thinks that it would be completely delightful to surprise me with something, an ammonite or an ancient fish would be very welcome ...

Of course, anyone who knows where London's major fossil shop is - Museum Street - would suspect that I might have been there to go to Abbott & Holder, and to pick up a painting that I had very much bought.  That served as a very welcome antidote to meeting with the estate agent, signing lots of bits of paper (or rather, pdfs), verifying my identity, ordering an inspection for an Energy Performance Certificate (without which one can't sell a house here - all these surprise expenses!) and all the rest of it.  I am feeling a little shell-shocked - most likely this will go on the market formally a few hours after I leave, next week ...




 

No comments:

Post a Comment