Thursday, April 28, 2011

last class ...


Really, the world turned apocalyptic as I walked away from my final class ... the sky darkened, and a few minutes later (luckily I was already at the station with time to scuttle under cover) the heavens opened.   This, of course, might have served some version of the pathetic fallacy very well, but wasn't propitious - I then spent several hours in a crowded Newark Airport before my flight was cancelled, with no prospect of getting out today to Durham NC - so there was no celebratory drink in fun company at the meeting I was supposedly attending, so I retraced my tracks, and will try again tomorrow, in order to tackle the question of What Can Reading Do?

I coped, as ever, with the emotional impact of something by refusing to think about it, so I was very glad indeed to have the weather be dramatic on my behalf.   But it's been a great treat to have had two great classes this semester - both graduate and undergraduate.   And now ... apart from grading ... I may actually be able to think about research again ...

No comments:

Post a Comment