Saturday, September 15, 2018

another episode from the weird waiting room


I should contextualize - maybe.  Alice's acupuncturist shares her premises with a chiropractor who specializes in sports injuries.  At least, I think he does - but he had a string of remarkably overweight and underfit clients this morning.  I know, because there's no receptionist there, which means that the person sitting in the waiting room - yes, that person, trying to write a keynote about lichen - talks to everyone who comes in.  Who can blame them, when there's no one else with whom to converse.  They've never had acupuncture before!  (I sing the praises of the acupuncturist).  They need a physiotherapist!  (I point to the cards, and suggest they call).  They come in, and want to listen to a football game on their iPhone (no earphones), because they've forgotten the time of their appointment, and want to wait and ask (I can't help).  Or, evidently, they bring a plastic foot with them, and leave it behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment