Friday, September 7, 2018

this time, inside a mallow


... it's next to the hibiscus.  But it cheers me.  I need cheering - all day I was haunted by last night's dream (something that rarely happens, much though I dream - I usually think of them as very welcome free novels) - in which I was clinically depressed: really, catatonically, hospitalized depressed.  And I was woken up mid dream (blame a cat), and I've remained in that state all day.  So gazing at the beauty of petals and stamens is restorative (more restorative, at any rate, than watching USC lose volleyball matches in Milwaukee, doing much admin, or trying to write - slowly, slowly - a keynote for Leeds in - eek - a fortnight's time.  If anyone thinks that is LOTS of time, I have another to write for the subsequent week, and that one is currently a paragraph long).  But before then - I find myself dreading going to bed tonight, since I don't really want to fall asleep, this time.  So maybe I'll meditate on a mallow, first.

No comments:

Post a Comment