Wednesday, September 12, 2018

end of cycle


Alice's chemo ending where it began - in a fourth floor cubicle at Keck, looking out over the mountains.  And yes, this is dusk, and yes, we didn't leave until 8.30 p.m.  Given how fatigued I am, I can only imagine how she must be feeling ... It was (for those of you looking for a bulletin) the most grueling of all the sessions, but at #6, she'd been warned that it probably would be.  If only we could go out and celebrate ... but that's hardly on the cards (mind you, that hasn't stopped me pouring myself a large glass of wine).  And - this is a bummer - it's back again on Friday, because her blood work up shows that she's anemic, and will need a four hour blood transfusion to give her some energy back (and to put her on the right road for surgery next month).  

That glowing sunset?  A perfect image of polluted late-summer Los Angeles.  I spent a good deal of the afternoon reading about lichen and industrial pollution, and came away with the fun fact that lichen in/near LA shows particular signs of nitrogen pollution.  Frankly, in an atmosphere like this, I'm hardly surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment