Wednesday, November 25, 2020

baking!


These should be good!  What do I mean, putting that in the future tense?  We had one each after dinner, and they were beyond excellent.  For years - rephrase that, for decades - I made chocolate chip cookies with chocolate powder (preferably Cadbury's Drinking Chocolate powder): I think that the recipe (a particularly good one involving icing sugar, aka (in the US) confectioner's sugar) probably came from Child Education.  I can't remember a time when I haven't made them this way - until Alice let on that she prefers them with plain (if vanilla-infused) dough.  I have changed my ways - initially, very grudgingly, but I have to admit that these are extremely good, too, even if they have the sad deficiency in that they fail to act in a madeleine kind of way, and don't transport me back to my childhood.  These, in fact, have "spiced pecan dust" in them too (courtesy of Zingerman's, again, like the cheese), which is an addition that I wholeheartedly recommend.  So: definitely a culinary gesture in the direction of Thanksgiving.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment