Tuesday, November 10, 2020

scratches


A long time ago - faithful readers of this blog may remember - I spent much more time than I've done of late looking for unexpected beauty, surprising patterns and shapes in the everyday.  Somewhere embedded in that is the germ, too, of my pursuit of the importance of the ordinary and the overlooked within the natural world.  But - even without deliberately looking, and I guess this proves that my observant eye still functions - this jumped out at me at lunchtime.  It's a piece of goat cheese on a scratched kitchen chopping block - the surface of the cheese scraped by me in an effort to remove the unusually furry texture that had grown over the last week or so.  That's the trouble with doing runs to Whole Food as infrequently as possible: sometimes one's cheesy self-indulgences grow a little whiskery.  But it tasted just fine.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment