Tuesday, November 3, 2020

heading ... where?


This was dawn.  I can't say that I woke up feeling super-optimistic about the election - but it's hard to tell how much of that was self-protection after 2016, and how much semi-secretly hoping to be surprised at some point early in the evening (even though, yes, I've read plenty before today to know that was very unlikely to happen).  And yes, I know that this may roll on and on for a couple of days ... it takes me back 20 years, when I got on a plane at Heathrow thinking - well, at least I'll know the result of the election when I land at EWR.  Only seven hours later, the conversation was still all about hanging chads ... This evening, I'm dragging myself back from deep dark despair to some form of numb stoicism.  We'll see.  Hmmm: Ohio just called for Trump.  I have a stiff neck from shaking it with disbelief that so many people can vote for him.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment