Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Alice, back in New Mexico


There was time for one last walk this morning, because ... I checked my phone in the middle of the night for messages - a bad habit, I know - and found that my flight had been canceled.  It's probably as good a time as any to find this out, because I got straight on the phone to American, and was rebooked (today, thank goodness) via Los Angeles.  So here I am at LAX, which was decidedly unexpected, with a five hour wait (allowing me to catch up with all sorts of things), and due to arrive at LHR sometime around late lunchtime ... it's very grey and cloudy outside, which makes me feel disappointed on behalf of everyone just starting off at USC, having thought they were signing up for sunny Southern California.

And yes, Alice is wearing a USC jacket, and a very fetching hat.  The hat, indeed, came from a Target in Kailua-Kana, on Hawaii's Big Island - a far cry from White Lotus style resort wear - and is peculiarly well suited to New Mexico.  She's staying in charge of Moth & Gramsci - or they in charge of her ...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment