Sunday, November 13, 2022

tree trimming


I don't get vertigo - luckily - so this image doesn't cause my nervous system to trip over, vicariously - but I can see how it could ... I'm very grateful that our neighbors are so responsible with their palm trees.  If one doesn't trim off the dead fronds, not only are these liable to smash down into the streets and onto heads, cars, passing dogs, and so on, but the whole tree functions as a torch should a stray spark come its way (palm trees are, after all, full of palm oil).  With Santa Ana winds forecast this week (fine to create atmosphere in Raymond Chandler - like the rain that I was writing about a few days ago, but otherwise terrifying from the perspective of fire danger), this frond shaving is very timely, and welcome.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment