Tuesday, October 15, 2024

In which I eat my research, and other Parisian views


I wonder if a helping of snails (I didn't eat them all - this was a shared starter ...) counts as a research expense?  I did thank them, and apologize to them, before tucking in ...

It was clearly a day in which (lunch with another friend, but I ate all of these) I preferred to consume things that came in their own shells.


Research for another chapter?  But I didn't buy/eat any honey, although that's obviously what's on sale here.


A very strange statue (César Baldaccini's The Centaur, 1985) at the corner of Rue de Sèvres and Rue du Cherche Midi.


Someone holding the moon in their teeth.


An electricity junction box, painted with an image of Gisèle Halini, a Tunisian-French politician, lawyer, and feminist activist;


and Notre-Dame, still under repair, with a crane holding the moon - the real moon - in, I suppose, its teeth.
















 

No comments:

Post a Comment