Tuesday, August 16, 2011

more about paint


After the success of painting my office 'Arsenic', you can't keep me away from Farrow and Ball's colors.   So now the bedroom has turned 'Orangery' - yes, F&B did, indeed, inherit the old National Trust color palette.   I'm not sure that Orangeries actually were this shade - I'm sure the one in Holland Park, which is the only one I can claim to have spent any time in, is largely white with, perhaps, some pale green.   But this is a warm and thoroughly welcoming tone (especially in the evening light), and it's held together - in color-scheme terms - by a mid-grey stripe between it and the cream tent-like ceiling.   If all days are going to be as busy as the last two have been, it will be great to be able to retreat into a golden cave.

No comments:

Post a Comment