Tuesday, November 1, 2011

cleaning up after Trojans


I'm getting habituated to the amount of Trojan stuff around campus - the helmets, the torches, the injunction to Fight On! that - in electronic red lettering - sends me off on my way home from the car park each day.  Given what happened to the Trojans, that always seems to me to smack of heroic defeat ... and that was very much brought home today by this, a trash truck.   What cleaned up after the Trojans?  The Greeks!  Is this a wonderful piece of deliberate irony?  I wish I knew - but a little bit of Googling reveals that they're quite a wide-based SoCal firm, so they're not a locally generated piece of inspiration.  Still, it made my morning, and it's not often that one can say that about trash collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment