Saturday, October 26, 2013

NAVSA day 3


One last, behind the scenes shot from our office, where we did all kinds of unseen stuff, and printed out various people's papers, and generally made sure that things were running as smoothly as possible ...

... So that's it?  It's over?  Seemingly.  I feel bereft - NAVSA 2013 has been so much part of my life - pretty much my daily life - since I arrived in LA, and I've been working with the greatest group of friends (based in four separate institutions, it became a running semi-joke that if only we were all in the same place, it'd be the very best of departments).  It all seemed to rush up on us very suddenly, and then there were three and a half days of action, and now - I guess a few more bills to pay, and stuff to throw in the car in the morning (like my last minute panicked Staples purchase of a crazy amount of plain paper), and then time to get on with everything else.

Thank you, everyone who came to Pasadena - it was a blast, and I just wish that I'd had more time to talk to each and every one of you ...

No comments:

Post a Comment