Thursday, June 13, 2019

a bathroom surprise


No, this isn't some strange, yet inventive location for some welcome back balloons!  These are in fact Alice's - she was given them this last weekend at a little party that friends held for her All Clear (and which, alas, I was unable to attend, since I was at the equivalent time talking about Dickens and pavement art in Nagano.  Talking about C19th chalking on pavements/sidewalks is a weird thing to do, it turns out, in a country where I saw maybe six pieces of street art, and three small graffiti tags, over the course of three weeks - though that's another story).

But the balloon gift ended up in the bathroom that's adjacent to my study, because they frightened Moth - and they can be safely shut away there.  Obviously they can't be put outside, in case they get into the eco system (mylar balloons are way up there with plastic straws and the lime).  They are festive, although I'd hardly been expecting to encounter them when I opened the bathroom door ...

No comments:

Post a Comment