Wednesday, June 12, 2019

a very, very, very long Wednesday!


With a 16 hour time difference between the West Coast and Japan, I'm now dealing with the . mind-boggling conundrum of arriving home before I left, on the same Wednesday (I know, I know - it was a reverse scenario traveling out).  So it's been a very long day ...  "This" morning I went to Ueno Park, which has three lakes, one full of water lilies - some still with rain nestling in their centers.




There are also pedal boats, which seem to need keeping in order,


shrines (I didn't make it to the most famous one - too anxious about getting back to the hotel to catch the airport bus in a timely fashion),



and the zoo.  Again, I didn't visit - but the nearby shops are keen to exploit their famed pandas.


And then a long journey (actually, not that long - with the wind behind us, it was only nine and a half hours).  Moth says I can't possibly go away again.


No comments:

Post a Comment