Friday, August 2, 2019

dinner with Barry


Dinner tonight with our very dear friend Barry Qualls - just arrived from New Jersey as - alas - we're on the point of leaving.  My blog-purism was challenged tonight - really, I'd be happy just to post the picture of the three of us, but that would violate my own long-established protocol of always using a picture I've taken myself ... not one kindly snapped by someone at the next table.  We lured Barry out to the excellent Arable, in Eldorado (and much though we enjoy home entertaining, today's nightmare of a burst pipe, somewhere under our floor, would have rendered that very problematic.  Saga; plumbers; work being done next week when we're out of town ... etc.  Very etc.)

As ever, it was so terrific to see Barry!  It never feels like long enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment