Friday, August 23, 2019

on an office door



Taper Hall has left much to be desired this week - not just the feverish hysteria and lost humans that come along with the week before the semester, but the loud crashes and thuds that have accompanied whatever bits of work are being done to the roof that (hopefully) will mean that it won't leak any more (over the years, I should note that a recurrent theme of this blog has been the crumbling, collapsing, water-stained state of the various buildings in which I've had an office - never mind in which institution ...).  But my day was made - from the point of view of my immediate work environment, that is - by another department down the corridor that offers up this contribution.  It functions very well indeed as an illustration to my Essential Points that I delivered up to the graduate students at the Art History Welcome Back Breakfast today: (1) Network! (that goes along with "the importance of community") and (2) - BACK IT UP.  Is there anything else that I should have told them?

No comments:

Post a Comment