Tuesday, August 20, 2019

the shocking brightness of USC's colors


Yes, it's the start of the semester.  Or it will be, any moment - right now it's full of people being Oriented to the place, which means Receptions, which means flowers on tables, under canopies ... This was more or less under my office window today: the cruelty lay both in the assault on the eye that's created by cardinal and gold, and the fact that even closer to my window they were serving some extraordinarily flavorsome-smelling barbecue, which wafted up to the third floor rather too effectively.  

I do wish that the university's colors weren't so atrociously garish ... I could do with some discreet blue and white, or blue and black, or I'd settle for purple and puce, even ... but these are quite wearing on the eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment