Saturday, June 26, 2021

Happy Pride, Santa Fe!


Three dancers, and my favorite dog.  Somehow all the floats didn't make for the best images - although there was a great assemblage, from veterans to rodeo riders to law enforcement to health workers to the O'Keeffe museum to car dealerships to the Audubon society: they had a huge hummingbird on top.




It's 27 years this week since I first came to Santa Fe, and 27 years since my first Pride on the Plaza - this time round seemed a great deal more flamboyant.  I certainly don't remember any stilt dancers or hummingbirds.  But there again - pre Covid, there was a march, not, so far as I remember, a procession of decorated cars (with, indeed, vintage cars and low riders among them).  An awful lot has happened to me in those last 27 years ...




 

No comments:

Post a Comment