Monday, June 14, 2021

tire repair and equine dentistry


If I'd set out to find a tire repair shop that also offered a horse dental service, I suspect I couldn't have found one all that readily ... Driving out to New Mexico (for reasons to complicated to relate, but it's been a complicated summer) I'm taking my car out this week, and flying back ready to drive out again with Alice and Moth next week.  So - not having a cat to think about when it came to overnight accommodation, I decided to go the southern route, and stay in Sedona (the original plan was to do some hiking tomorrow, but since the temperature is due to be 108, I have my doubts ...).  Somewhere on I-10, about sixty miles from Phoenix, my Low Tire warning light came on.  It didn't feel funky, but I thought I'd better come off at the next gas station - which immediately appeared, together with the world's most unpromising looking tire repair outfit.  But I figured they could at least tell me what was wrong - and the answer was that the tire had been pierced by an inch and a half strip of thick, sharp, aluminum.  They patched it up (while I waited in 118 degree heat, with the fires the other side of Phoenix darkening the sky apocalyptically). I'll head and buy a new one in the morning, since they said it was such a big puncture it'd only last a week or two (and yes, as is always the case, these are quite new tires).

I didn't, however, have any need for the advertised horse dental services.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment