Saturday, October 23, 2021

a flying visit to the Farmers' Market


A very quick trip to the Farmers' Market to grab some freshly roasted poblanos (look at those chiles being tossed around in the roaster!); a butternut squash, spinach, arugula, leeks, a watermelon radish, a black radish, garlic chives, marinated goats' cheese, very fresh eggs, very fresh potatoes - and, I confess, a Whoo's Donuts pistachio, white chocolate and lemon donut.  I claim not to like donuts, but I will make a very occasional exception...


Only a flying visit?  I wanted to be back for the plumber.  The plumber.  I am still waiting for the plumber.  Texts have been exchanged ... Maybe tomorrow.  So still no heat and no hot water, except what I boil.  I might as well have spent longer down at the Railyard, browsing apples and pears and late season tomatoes.   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment