Saturday, October 30, 2021

lunchtime view


We now have a genuine French restaurant in Eldorado - Le Pommier, run by French people, and set up in as French-brasserie style as any place that I've encountered this side of the Hudson (with the possible exception of a restaurant I went to in LA in - in what? 1991? - the name of which I can't remotely remember any more).  The food couldn't have been better: I had a galette with scrambled eggs and spinach, plus salad; Alice and a friend quiche lorraine and salad; other friend soupe à l'oignon.  But the service was mystifyingly inefficient and clueless - or maybe not mystifying, given the dearth of people looking for jobs of that sort right now.  There was, however, an accordion player ... maybe it was putting a little bit too much effort into being French, and not enough into, say, remembering to bring us any menus...But I'd go back, most definitely.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment