Wednesday, October 13, 2021

rosemary for remembrance


The newest contribution - but certainly not the last - to this year's Halloween Decorations of Los Feliz series (and, just because I know you were wondering, I saw this evening that yesterday's snakey has red lights inside him - including within the hollowed-out gourd).  These skulls are part of a whole outbreak of boniness in these parts: many skeletons, at least two of whom are wearing masks.  We weren't here a year ago, so I can't tell you if Halloween decorations were muted then, out of deference and a sense of what might constitute the Inappropriate in the middle of a pandemic.  In Santa Fe, I can't even remember if we ran to a pumpkin - I doubt it.  But this year - here, at any rate - the ghouls are back with a vengeance.

[and this is why FTBL is such a good memory-resource!  I checked back - apparently we did have a pumpkin last year!]

 

No comments:

Post a Comment