Friday, October 29, 2021

fall leaves


These photos of fall leaves were all taken during a stretch of a few hundred yards on East Alameda - the cottonwoods following the Santa Fe River (and replicated in their goldenness in damper pieces of ground all the way between here and Albuquerque).  But I don't remember ever seeing these very local ones look quite as stunningly, blindingly beautiful before - I guess this is because we had a much more emphatic monsoon season this year.  The second photo - the one that looks like gilded broccoli - I'm pretty certain shows a tree in the front yard of the very first casita I lived in, for a summer, the first time I was in Santa Fe - twenty seven years ago, now ... The last ten days has brought home, in all its full fall color. how this is unequivocally my favorite season here.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment