Tuesday, March 22, 2022

first wildflowers!


The first wild flowers are out in the back yard!  As ever, I sowed handfuls of seed (just before dusk, just before rain - which is the best I can do when it comes to avoiding feeding the mo[u]rning doves).  But because the fire mitigation regulations around here mean that everything has to be mown close before May 1st, the flowers never get much of a chance to reseed and re-establish themselves year on year.  It's not been that wet a spring, so I wasn't sure what would come up ... but here's the first California poppy (already wilting on a hot day); and the first something else - I think another kind of poppy ... very bright and pink.  I have my fingers crossed that we'll see lots more before the mowers come ...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment