Saturday, March 5, 2022

he's getting longer


Poor Gramsci was quite disappointed that he didn't see any on-screen cats at NAVSA today.  I pointed out to him that this was surely because almost all the papers that I heard had powerpoints accompanying them, and that meant that the possibilities of feline-spotting were, therefore, sadly limited.  I think he wanted to show off his stripes and spots, which surely are strong contenders for the NAVSA Pet of the Year contest (that isn't an official thing, but I'm sure we could run one).  It's been an intellectually exciting few days, even if we've not, alas, been in Vancouver - with the added bonus that very soon, we'll be able to catch up on sessions that we missed, courtesy of recording mechanisms.  But how I wish that, right now, we were taking out Cannon Schmitt, this evening's plenary speaker, for a terrific dinner - he amply deserves it, since his paper was eloquent, and thought provoking, and made me want to go away and read differently - and how often can one say that after a keynote?  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment