Thursday, March 17, 2022

Ray and Rima


My father, with indispensable friend and helper Rima (indispensable to him, but also to me) - among the daffodils and crocuses and magnolia blossoms.  Spring is here!  He is looking remarkably dapper for 98 (although, admittedly, at 10.30 this evening, I heard faint cries of "help ... help ..." from outside, and he'd fallen over into a flower bed whilst feeding the foxes.  I guess that may be a common everyday event in south-west London). 

It's not going to be easy, leaving to go back to LA in the morning - on the other hand, I may be able to do some work again.  It's very tantalising being in London: I should, and I want, to be visiting exhibitions and archives and libraries, but it's both logistically difficult and somehow doesn't feel fair to spend a lot of time away from the house.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment