Tuesday, March 8, 2022

meeting room reflections


Over the past few years (with, of course, something of a hiatus for Covid ...) I've sampled a fair number of rent-for-the-day London meeting rooms: a phenomenon that, I suspect, will increase enormously if companies here consolidate practices of having a number of employees working from home.  That way they can downsize their big office buildings ... So I've also sample a number of different coffee machines; lunches that have ranged from the superb to the ok (today's was somewhere in the middle, and I had curried haddock and salad, which was somehow a truly British choice.  I can't imagine getting curried haddock in Los Feliz or Silver Lake); freebies (notepads, pens, and now bottles of hand sanitizer); and witty motivational sayings in very C21st typescript or mock handwriting on the walls and whiteboards.  My pen exhorts me: "a chance to ponder, draft, sketch, scribble, spark, draw a conclusion, make your mark, etc."  Uh -huh.  I did very roughly draw part of the view from the window with it, but not the magnificent frontage (or rather back) of the Chancery Lane building that I was in, as reflected in the plate glass opposite; nor, for that matter, the receding trapezoids of the room's lightings heading out into a sunny London day.

I'll miss these meetings, and for much more than the variety of venues.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment