Saturday, September 3, 2022

Family! And a fine thistle


There is absolutely no correlation between the two elements here - this is not a veiled way of saying that my family's prickly, because it's not ... But I met up for an excellent lunch with two of my cousins, and then we went for a walk in Cannizaro, my favorite local park ... here they are against my favorite wall, which is admittedly a little like tinned salmon in colour, but has a certain elegance.  Just a bit further down - in a wilder part - were these excellent thistles.


And then back to say hello to my father, who has a decidedly wistful and benign smile, here - although everyone looks curiously formal, respectful, respectable, and as though they've been told that they will be seriously told off if they dare move - ever.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment