Sunday, September 11, 2022

from grey to orange


Or, from Wisconsin to Los Angeles - on a day in which the heavens opened in the mid-west, meaning that I drove south to Chicago in a deluge.

PSA: if you put "Enterprise Car Rental Chicago Airport International" into your trusty GPS system, it will take you to Chicago MIDWAY, not O'Hare.  You probably don't want to be there.  It was raining so hard, and all my concentration was going to seeing - or trying to see - where the lanes could possibly be, and whether that car in front of me was going fast or slow, that by the time I realized that things didn't look at all familiar, and I was heading to the wrong Chicago airport, it was getting a little late ... Kudos to American Airlines, who got me onto the next flight - just two hours later (and only delayed a little when two planes behind ours backed into one another ...).  But this will teach me to check, and double-check, my route ...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment