Friday, July 14, 2023

a very hot Gramsci


It goes against my principles of fairness and equality to let Gramsci star here two days in a row - but really, how could one resist this view of my study floor?  And who can blame the young man for his sleepiness - the temperature hit 98 here today, which is Too Hot.  I realised this when I went to the Post Office to express-mail off to London my signed contract/transfer of deeds on 20 Hillside - at last!  This is such a relief.  Admittedly, exchanging contracts isn't the same thing as completing the sale - that has to wait for the interminable grind of probate to complete (as a friend of mine here in Santa Fe said yesterday, he knows a good firm of lawyers in London called Jarndyce and Jarndyce ...).  But it's a whole big important step further along, even if it doesn't seem to matter much to our Grammy.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment