Saturday, July 1, 2023

research at the farmers' market


I didn't know that I was going to come back from the Farmers' Market with a bottle of Dandelion and Cardamon Bitters (and I'm still trying to think quite what kind of cocktail I want to put these in ... and then, rooting around on line for inspiration, I found a recipe - not using bitters - for dandelion cupcakes, which look extremely pretty.  But I digress ...).  But here they are!  

I was hardly going to buy a great deal at the market, since I'm only here - for now - for two more days - but it was so great to be back there.



And I did (as well as carrying back some garlic scapes, and onions, and goat cheese, and spicy green leaves) purchase this treat: yes, it's a lavender, lemon, and Earl Grey donut.  It tasted as good as it looked.  And then I carried on writing about dandelions on Victorian wallpaper.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment