Thursday, July 13, 2023

paw tangle


It wasn't a very good day working today - one of those days in which one fears that an Original Thought may never come to one again - until I had a shower around 5 p.m. and my addled brain cleared, and I could see where I was going, after all.  On days like this, I can never decide whether it's very comforting to turn around and see an utterly laid back Gramsci - or whether it's comfortingly endearing.  Probably the latter, since I've been trying to write about snails in relation to slow architecture, slow aesthetics, slow everything ...

 

2 comments:

  1. Walter GomezJuly 14, 2023

    For the record, we want to hear about snails, lichen, and slow architecture-aesthetics. What a fascinating set of material. If you have an upcoming lecture or talk on the subject, please send details! Gramsci has very pink toe beans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be careful what you wish for ... there's a whole chapter on snails, one of these days ... I think I finished the slow bit today: next, linking snails with the petrochemical industry and plastics ...

    ReplyDelete