Saturday, May 16, 2009

normal service may be suspended...


since I have left (a) my adapter for the computer in York, Nebraska (b) my spare adapter at Richard's reception [retrieved, but still in NJ], and (c) my 2nd computer on the dining room table in NJ.   This is not good - not least because I'm in the Badlands of South Dakota, where there are precious few Apple stores.   So I continue my crazed tour, caught between different bits of research - the Rosebud reservation, where a number of Indians who toured with Buffalo Bill's Wild West came from - and I cannot imagine what they made of Earl's Court, in London, after these wide wide sweeps of grassland - and before that the Harold Edgerton Explorit Science Center in Aurora, Nebraska, which had lots of his original flash equipment, and a wonderful hands-on science display for kids - including ways of making one see lots of things with mirrors.   But I don't want to use up all my computer juice in describing it all... So you'll have to make do with  multiple versions of me for now, in the assumption that I may be silent and imageless for the next few days...



No comments:

Post a Comment