Saturday, December 11, 2010

corporate greed


I'd hardly be telling the truth if I said that I personally lamented the passing of Charlie Brown's steakhouse in Highland Park, though I did once have a memorably enjoyable lunch there with Cheryl and Eileen from the graduate studies office - enjoyable, that is, because of the company, although there wasn't anything notably amiss with my blue cheeseburger.   But I'm sure that its disappearance - and the similar disappearance of many of its relatives in the NJ chain - means even fewer part time jobs for our students, and that's not good.   So I did feel more than a frisson of solidarity with whatever disgruntled (former) employees must have posted (with feeling) this notice - and several like it - on its very closed doors.

No comments:

Post a Comment