Friday, May 7, 2021

lizard lamp


I woke up with sore arms this morning - and then I remembered why.  Yesterday, when we were out on our evening walk, we came upon a wrought iron standard lamp that someone had put out on the curbside - a lamp with a very fetching lizard on its upright.  It looks rather like a primitive version of a stick insect in this image - I promise you that it's more lizard-like in real life.  So we looked it up and down, and then I carried it off.  It was about a half-mile walk home: it was a little ungainly and heavy, and I kept expecting a car to draw up and someone to say - WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH THE LAMP?  Because even if Thursdays are trash days, and manifestly no one wanted this perfectly good piece of illumination (as you can see - with a shade, and in perfect working order), it still seemed inconceivable that someone would just discard it ... I'm so glad that we were able to give the lizard a new home.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment