Wednesday, May 26, 2021

the wasteland of DTLA


An early morning trip to the Federal Building in downtown Los Angeles (to get a stamp on my passport that will allow me to travel even though my new Green Card hasn't arrived yet - not that I'm planning on traveling while I would still have to spend 10 days quarantining in England, but it's better to be prepared).  Presumably new apartments or new City buildings or or or will be going up here - one very much doubts that such a prime sight on N. Los Angeles Street will be affordable housing.  There are many, many tents in this area - although it looked as though there's some real effort being made to provide facilities for trash disposal - everything seemed unusually tidy and organized.  Maybe it was the effect of the strange curdled light.

For those looking for a LucyFur update: she didn't have a good day.  No eating on her own; and during her morning tube feed she threw up, copiously, and was very weak for much of the rest of the day - until strangely rallying, and demanding to go upstairs in the late afternoon.  She's hanging on in there, certainly - but not really recovering, despite all the meds.  The vet rang to say that her liver values were improving - which is good to know - but ... So I've sat on the floor by her side all day once I returned from my errand, doing admin, and admiring her sweet tabbiness.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment